Signs You Need A Wavy Hair Cut
My first wavy hair cut transformed my hair. I couldn't believe the impact it had and why I'd never had one sooner. See the full transformation video below.
A wavy hair cut differs from a regular cut for numerous reasons.
Firstly, wavy cuts often include layers to add volume and definition to the waves. These layers remove weight, which makes it easier to style, leading to more definition.
Wavy hair is also prone to frizziness or puffiness, so wavy cuts can include texturising to tame and control the hair. To enhance and define your wavy pattern, a wavy cut may also include shaping.
5 Signs You Need A Wavy Cut
1. Your hair is looking dull and lifeless. A trim helps remove damaged or split ends, making your hair appear healthier and shinier.
2. Your waves are looking frizzy or unruly. Regular trims help keep your hair healthy and well-defined.
3. Your hair is getting too long. Wavy hair can become weighed down as it gets longer, which can make your waves look less defined. A cut helps keep your hair at a length that works well with your natural wave pattern.
4. Your hair is not responding well to styling. If your hair is not holding its shape or not looking as good as you would like it to, it could be a sign that your hair needs a trim.
5. Your hair is feeling heavy on the scalp. Removing the weight of damaged and old ends can prevent your hair from becoming weighed down and heavy.
In the below video you can see how this wavy cut transformed my hair.
I got it cut at Studio Barnsley by the incredibly talented curl/wave specialist Emma Kenyon. Discover her on Instagram @studiobarnsley